Seventeen years ago, our fourth daughter entered our family, and since that day, we’ve never been the same.
When Emily was born:
1. Meridith received a younger sister who is taller than her, and a best friend for life.
2. Her father received an athlete, one who can play softball, volleyball, and let’s not forget the sport that she’s best at: Basketball. Her jump shot is pretty darn sweet, if I do say so myself.
3. Seventeen years ago, Heather got a sister who resembled her! And one who borrows her jeans!
4. Sam got a baby sister, the oldest and the youngest have now formed a sisterly bond that is cute to watch. Plus, Sam now has someone she can “big sister stalk.”
5. I got a daughter who many say looks a lot like I did when I was young, but she’s much thinner, far prettier, and way more athletic than I could ever be.
6. Our family got a special person – someone who has provided us with 17 years of laughter, the kind a comedian cannot can or imitate. It’s spontaneous and unintentional, and might I add, hilarious!
7. The world got a girl who is studious, funny, athletic, and as you can see, she can also be very much a girly girl when she wants to be.
Happy Birthday to my baby, Emily! Thank you for the joy you’ve brought into our family. And thank you for never stopping talking ‘like that’!